Dear Not-For-Profit Director, January 2019
The United Way of Perry County (UWPC) is currently accepting grant applications. Grant funds for this grant cycle will be distributed in March 2019. This grant application is only available online at www.unitedwayperryco.org/Grantmaking.
The United Way of Perry County is a non-profit organization that raises funds annually in Perry and Crawford Counties to support health and human service non-profit organizations that work to enhance our mission to improve the quality of life for the people we serve by providing leadership and mobilizing resources to create lasting change.
GRANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS 2019
United Way of Perry County only funds organizations with a 501 (c) 3 IRS tax status.
All applicants must provide health and human services and be able to show how they will make a measurable impact on their community. UWPC will fund programs within organizations. Any staffing requests must be prorated to show the portion used to provide the program services for which you are applying.
Our funding priorities are:
1) Health (i.e. programs to improve personal health, reduce obesity, promote healthy & drug free lives, etc.)
2) Education (i.e. programs that improve literacy, graduation rates, student success, etc.)
3) Emergency Assistance (i.e. programs that support access to job readiness, improve access to or provide basic needs, improve the quality of life and safety of families and seniors, etc.).
The timeline for this process is:
- Grant Application Deadline: Thursday, February 14, 2019. Application must be received by 5:00 p.m. (Central time) via email (email@example.com) by UWPC
- United Way of Perry County Community Investment Review Committee will meet on Thursday, February 28, 2019. All applicants must meet with their local Investment Review Committee for a final review of their application. The person listed as Local Contact will be contacted to set up an appointment for your county’s Community Investment Day.
- Applicants will receive a confirmation email when application is received.
- Grant Acceptance Notification: All applicants will be notified of their funding status by the end of March 4, 2019.
- All grantees will be required to submit a mid-year and final grant report that will be available online at a later date.
Project/program areas that will NOT considered for funding:
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Political parties or campaigns
- Endowment creation or debt reduction
- Capital campaigns
- Operating costs that are NOT directly related to the proposed project
- Annual appeals
- Travel requests for groups or individuals such as bands, sports teams or classes
The following must also be uploaded online along with application:
- Organization’s most recent Federal IRS 501 (c) (3) tax determination letter (not to be confused with the Indiana State Tax Exempt document)
- Copy of organization’s bylaws
- List of organization’s current Board of Directors with officers indicated
If you have any questions regarding this application process, please contact me at 812.547.2577 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the United Way of Perry County, please visit our website listed below.
Lacy Jones, Executive Director, United Way of Perry County
GRANT COVER SHEET 2019
Deadline for submission: Thursday, February 14, 2019, received via email to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. (Central Time).
LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.